Computer accounts are generated with the class lists 1 day before the start of the classes for the Fall or Winter term and the information will be provided to your instructor for the start of classes. If you have registered in a course after the start of the term, you will need to contact the ACS Network Administrator to have an account created for you.
Each undergraduate student is allotted 1GB of space on the ACS network servers for documents related to ACS courses. It is the student’s responsibility to maintain this space, additional space will not be granted except for exceptional circumstances or enrolled in the ACS project course (ACS-4901).
The accounts will be renewed automatically each time a new class is taken and will be valid for 6 months from the beginning of a course. Accounts will automatically expire at the end of the 6 months and will be purged from the ACS network after 1 year of inactivity.
How to Obtain Access to 3C13
- Send an email with your ACS course number, your name, student number, phone number and email address to to your instructor.
- After validation of the above information, a return email will be sent to you by your instructor.
- When obtaining access, you must present your student card and pay the $20 deposit (cash only) for use of the lab.
How to Activate Your Student Card to Gain Access to 3C13
- The card expires every 24 hours.
- To activate the card, find a hot spot which are located at all entrances to the U of W, and throughout the campus.
- Hold the card up to the hot spot and wait until the light changes color.
- At this point, you should be able to access 3C13.
- If the card does not allow you to open the door, bring the card to 3D13.
Access to 3C13 Expiry
- Access to 3C13 will expire the last day of classes.
- If you plan on reactivating lab access for the next term, ACS can keep the deposit and follow the instructions above to have it reactivated.
- If lab access was added to a student card, duckworth card, etc., and you are not
planning on taking another ACS course in which you need lab access
for the following term, drop by 3D13 to pick up your $20 deposit no later than the end of the final exam period of the term for which you had the lab access. Otherwise, your deposit will not be returned.